Wednesday 23 July 2014

Sheffield Street Art Walk: Division Street Again!

On our July Sheffield walk, I took John around Division Street to check out the works in the area I have last visited a couple of months ago. What a transformation! But then again, that's what urban art is like: now you see them, now you don't.

We went straight to Trafalgar Street where the wall of a development project has been turned into a makeshift graffiti gallery and where most of the work can be found. New pieces have turned up here, different from the ones I've previously seen. This wall is on the side of Wellington Street.


Along Trafalgar Street, we found this piece by Pawski, which I really like and therefore had to be photographed in!

At the car park side of the wall, we've taken additional photos of the colourful images when we can, the cars made it almost impossible to photograph a wall in a frame. At the entrance of the car park is this artwork by Trik9. I haven't noticed it on my first visit so I'm not sure if it's new.

Another work by Trik9 can be found in the intersection between Division and Trafalgar Streets. I've taken a photo of it before but I took another one anyway.

In Rockingham Street, we sneaked in a photo of the work inside The Beard Garden and the large graffiti at the back.  Other works in the area by  Phlegm and other artists have been covered in a previous blog (link here). On a completely different walk (one which I do everyday), I've also found these graffiti artworks near the area. This one is a collaboration between Eugene Booms, Mila K and Colour on the shutters of Moorgate Acoustics along Fitzwilliam Street.
This rather sweet wall art can be found at the end of Devonshire Street on the walls of Betty's Fish and Chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...